It’s not my first rodeo at jury duty, but for some reason I made so many rookie mistakes today. I blame it on sleep deprivation. For those of you yet to be summoned (but really more of a note to self for future reference), here are 12 tips for a smooth experience reporting for jury duty in Palm Beach County.
- DO bring your lunch if you want to save $. There is a refrigerator that no one uses.
- DO eat at Don’s Coffee Spot if you don’t bring your lunch.
- DON’T worry about change for soda, the machines take credit cards AND Apple Pay.
- DO stick around to watch Don play his guitar. He might let you jam with him.
- DO bring a laptop. There is free Wi-Fi.
- DO park in the public parking lot as fees will be validated.
- DON’T break your neck to arrive by 8am-no one cares and there’s a line anyway.
- DO fill out the back of your jury card BEFORE you get in said line.
- DON’T wear knee-high hooker boots. Security will make you remove them.
- DON’T hum stripper music when removing said boots. Security will not tip you.
- DON’T attempt to smuggle in a fork for your lunch-it will be confiscated.
- DON’T leave your parking ticket in your car lest you’ll be forced to relive #9 and quite possibly #10.
13. DO try to make the best of your jury duty. I did.